Saturday, July 28, 2012

Breathe



Author: Lisa T. Bergren
Genre: Life
Series: The Homeward Trilogy
Number in series: 1st
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 400
Time period: 1800’s
My overall opinion: The library kindly got me this whole trilogy so I can expand the number of books by Lisa Bergren that I’ve read! I must confess, this one did not disappoint. Each book follows one of three siblings especially. This book was Odessa’s. Yes, the names are a little strange, I though: Odessa, Moira, and Dominic (generally known as Nic). However, having finished the books, I wouldn’t have them any other way! Anyway, Odessa has consumption (now known as tuberculosis). It was very interesting to read her story! There was a bit of romance, and some really exciting parts too – as in, shooting, escape, capture, hostage, and other key words like that…it’s exciting. If you loved the River of Time series, you’ll definitely enjoy these books!
Oh, as with the other Bergren’s I’ve read, these were published by David C. Cook. The reason that’s awesome is because DCC puts a little “After Words” at the ends of their books: discussion questions, notes from the author, an interview with the author, etc. As they say, it’s like the dessert after a wonderful meal! I love that, and wish all publishers did it.

No comments: