Friday, May 27, 2011

Female Doubles: Post 3

My third and final female doubles post! This has been such a fun series of posts to do; I anticipated and relished putting each post together. :) There is a possiblity that I will do more in the future, if I find a bunch more doubles. You never know. :) So, without further ado, let's go!

* means I haven't watched it

Jennifer Ehle


Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice, 1995)


Myrtle Logue (The King's Speech, 2010)*




Elizabeth Spriggs


Mrs. Jennings (Sense and Sensiblity, 1995) {{on the right}}


Mrs. Goodenough (Wives and Daughters, 1999)

{{no picture}}


Elizabeth Taylor


Katharine (Taming of the Shrew, 1967)


Cleopatra (Cleopatra, 1963)* {{I've seen portions only}}

Amy March (Little Women, 1949) {{that movie has some good scenes! I like it}}
 


Julia Sawalha


Lydia Bennet (Pride and Prejudice, 1995)


Jessie Brown (Cranford, 2007)*{{correct picture, right?}}


Dorcas Lane (Larkrise to Candleford, 2008)*



Emma Thompson


Elinor Dashwood (Sense and Sensibility, 1995)


Nanny (Nanny McPhee, 2005, and Nanny McPhee Returns, 2010)* {{I've seen the first, not the second}}


Beatrice (Much Ado About Nothing, 1993)*



And so we end the doubles posts for now! Remember to let me know any mistakes I overlooked in here, and in the future, when you find a neat double, mention it to me! Thank you. :)

6 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

Great post! Elizabeth Taylor also had an uncredited role in the 40's Jane Eyre as Helen when she was younger. She looked so cute!

Charity U said...

Interesting, I didn't know that! Thanks. :) Wow...trying to picture her as Helen...hmmm.

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

You haven't seen "Much Ado About Nothing?" Ohhh, it's delicious! Has a scandalous (but unsexual) bit of nudity at the beginning, but if your parents are willing to skip that bit for you, you'd probably love the rest.

BTW, I've been following you for a while, but only today actually read your bio and discovered you're a homeschooled teen! I was homeschooled K-12, and am now beginning to homeschool my own kids, so just wanted to give you a virtual fist-bump and say, "Good for you!" I loved being homeschooled too, and clearly, you're getting a great education. Why do I say that? Because until I read your bio, I thought you were an adult! You're very articulate, your posts are well-thought-out, and I'm enjoying your blog a lot.

Charity U said...

Thanks for commenting, Hamlette! :) Nope, haven't seen "Much Ado" yet, but am hoping to see someday...Mom didn't let us see it because of that one part. But hopefully I can convince her now...it's been a while since I tried. We'll skip that, thanks for the heads up! :)

Yup, I'm homeschooled and loving it! This year, my last, is the best yet, I think...absolutely love my Sonlight cirriculum -- so much reading. :) Thank you SO much for the compliments...they just made my day. I'll look forward to seeing you around here! :)

Clare said...

Yes, that is the right picture for Jessie. ;) Miss Lane is a very nice character, with some great quotes. ^_^

Unknown said...

Oh cool! I didn't realize Julia Sawalha was in Cranford.