Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Beat the Odds

Author: Michael Oher
Genre: Auto-biography, sports, life
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8
Type: Biography
Number of pages: 250
Time period: Present
Main characters: Michael
Exciting events: Foster care
Passage from book: I felt myself breaking into a sweat as I walked up to the doors of the Department of Children's Services office, and it had nothing to do with the fact that it was summertime in Memphis. I never would have dreamed a dozen years ago that I would walk willingly up to those doors....and now I was headed inside.
My overall opinion: Michael's story is the one on which The Blind Side movie is based. Which, btw, I haven't seen yet. Someday! It was an interesting story, good for a one time read. Not riveting, but I wasn't bored to tears either.

No comments: