Monday, May 23, 2011

Male Doubles: Post 3

The final male doubles post! I may do more of these as I find more/watch more, but we'll have to see. :) We have some fun ones in here...enjoy!


Gene Kelly


Tommy Albright (Brigadoon, 1954)


Don Lockwood (Singin' in the Rain, 1952)



{{He was also in North and South as Senator Charles Edwards. Note that this is the 1985 North and South, a television series about the Civil War}}

Simon Woods


Charles Bingley (Pride and Prejudice, 2005)


Dr. Harrison (Cranford, 2007)*

 
Richard Armitage


Mr. Thornton (North and South, 2004)


Guy of Gisborne (Robin Hood, 2006-2009)* {I want to see this...}


Thorin Oakenshield (The Hobbit, coming in late 2012, 2013, 2014)


Heinz Kruger (Captain America, 2011)
 

Tom Hollander


Osborne Hamley (Wives and Daughters, 1999)


Mr. Collins (Pride and Prejudice, 2005)



James McAvoy


Tumnus the Faun (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, 2005)


Tom Lefroy (Becoming Jane, 2007)*


Sergeant Bloxham (Lorna Doone, 2000)* {on the left}



We have reached the end of male doubles! A total of 15. :) I hope you enjoyed the pictures! But remember, we are not yet totally done! Still one more post of female doubles coming soon. 

5 comments:

Miss Laurie said...

I really enjoy Gene Kelly in both Brigadoon and Singin' In The Rain, he was such a classic film star! He's also great An American in Paris and Anchors Aweigh. The North & South that you mentioned is the 1985 series about American Civil War, I've never seen it but it often gets confused with North & South (2004) which Richard Armitage stars in.
Simon Woods is so sweet in both P&P and Cranford! I really enjoy his performances.
I look forward to seeing Richard Armitage in The Hobbit!
Tom Hollander was also in the Pirates of the Caribbean films.
This series of posts is so lovely, I've really enjoyed it! :)

~Miss Laurie
Old-Fashioned Charm

Kathryn said...

"Post 3"? Where is 1 and 2? and I am looking forward to the female posts! I enjoy finding out the different movies that actors are in!

Charity U said...

Kathryn, if you look in the archives for the month this post came out, you should find the others. There are also three Female Doubles posts! Enjoy. :) Or, it might be easiest to just click the "doubles" tag under the post.

Mal said...

You should totally see Robin Hood! I just finished watching it, and it's totally my favorite TV show :) Richard Armitage is definitely one of my favorite actors - I'm excited for the Hobbit mostly because he's in it, although he's going to be an kinda old dwarf, which is a totally different role than what he did in North and South and Robin Hood :) He also plays a small role in Captain America :)

-mal :)

Charity U said...

Mal, Robin Hood is certainly on my to-see list! I think RA looks pretty great in that. :) I'm also excited for Hobbit...but not because he's in it -- just because I love LOTR and those films. :) And in Captain America! I was stunned to discover that Elrond (LOTR) and the Red Skull (CA) are the same! Wow. Hugo Weaving is the actor. SOOOOOO different!