Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Male Doubles: Post 2

Here we go, part two of our male doubles! Remember, if you have any suggestions for other double roles, let me know! Also, remember to mention any mistakes you find to me!

* means I haven't seen the movie.

Alan Rickman


Colonel Christopher Brandon (Sense and Sensiblity, 1995)


Reverend Obadiah Slope (Barchester Chronicles, 1982)*



Johnny Lee Miller

Edmund Bertram (Mansfield Park, 1999)*


Mr. Knightley (Emma, 2009)


Charles Price (Mansfield Park, 1983)*

{{no picture}}


Matthew MacFadyen


Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice, 2005) {special note - I don't like this version}


Arthur Clennam (Little Dorrit, 2008)*


Sheriff of Nottingham (Robin Hood, 2010)*


{Cast for Three Musketeers, coming out in 2011}


Rupert Friend


Mr. Wickham (Pride and Prejudice, 2005)


Prince Albert (The Young Victoria, 2009)



Chris Sarandon


Charles Darnay/Sydney Carton (Tale of Two Cities, 1980)*


Prince Humperdink (Princess Bride, 1987) {He'll never be anyone else to me...}


Fritz Bhaer (Little Men, 1998)*

5 comments:

Miss Laurie said...

Great list!
Alan Rickman was so good as Obadiah Slope in Barchester Chronicles, but it's a completely different role from Colonel Brandon.
Johnny Lee Miller surprised and delighted me as Mr. Knightley, he was fine as Edmund Bertram but the adaptation was a horrible slaughtering of the original novel. Here's a photo of JLM as Charles Price in the 1983 Mansfield Park (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm186/BeaBug1296/Austen%20Efforts/Mansfield%20Park%201983/Episode61018-1.jpg) I edited the photo myself and this is really the nearest picture we get of him in that delightful miniseries.
I didn't know Chris Sarandon was in Little Men! I've never seen it but have always wanted to.
Fun post!

~Miss Laurie

Charity U said...

Yes, I too was surprised to discover Chris Sarandon in Little Men! I haven't seen it either, but want to. :) Though I can't picture him as anything but Count Rugen...*shivers*. Thanks for the picture, I'll hopefully add it soon!

Mel said...

I am loving these posts! Rupert Friend, Matthew MacFayden and Johnny Lee Miller all in the same post- ohhh thats too much handsomeness to handle! Great Job.
I have seen Chris Sarandon in Little Men and I thought his performance was great but I agree he will never be anything but Prince Humperdink to me either :)

Charity U said...

Tristans_Isolde, was Sarandon good in Little Men?

You would not believe how much fun I'm having doing these. I've now got the remaining three all ready to publish in my inbox...but I'm drawing it out. ;) Aren't I terrible? :P

Have you seen Robin Hood? Was MacFadyen good in it? And Richard Armitage (Mr. Thornton, N&S) is in that too, according to my research. Are they good?

Mel said...

Im glad your drawing it out :) It more fun that way :)

Sarandon was really good in little men, I was really surprised but he really captured the character. Although I didn't really think the actor who played Jo fit the character.

I haven't seen MacFayden in Robin Hood as I have not seen the 2010 movie version, sorry :(

You are right in thinking that Richard Armitage was in Robin Hood however it is the BBC series of Robin Hood which went for three seasons starting in 2006. I am a HUGE fan of this series and Richard was great in it- granted he plays the bad guy, Guy of Gisborne, but you really learn to love his character he's so tragic!

By the way your blog is wonderful :)

God Bless