Monday, May 21, 2012

A Shadow in the Dark


Author: Ronica Stromberg
Genre: Growing up, life
Series: It has a sequel called Living It Up to Live It Down, but I don’t know of the series name.
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 154
Time period: Present
My overall opinion: I enjoyed this story! It’s about a young girl named Kirsten whose parents are divorced. She goes to live out in the country with her mom, struggles with her parents’ divorce, and meets a new friend. Kirsten and her friend suspect that an unkind older lady living near them is keeping a girl about their age against her will! This book has a fun dose of mystery and adventure too. It will keep you reading ‘til the end! It’s aimed at pre-teen/early-teen girls, but as an older teen, I enjoyed it too. In the end, Kirsten learns to trust God as her very best friend. A good book!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I enjoyed both books. Ronica was the first author I ever interviewed. I have enjoyed getting to know her. Glad you liked her book.

Julie@My Favorite Pastime

Charity U said...

Julie, she came to me on your recommendation! Thanks so much. :) I really enjoyed getting to know her! Interview coming later today.