Thursday, May 9, 2013

Love At Any Cost


Author: Julie Lessman

Genre: Romance

Series: The Heart of San Francisco

Number in series: 1st

My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9.5

Type: Fiction

Number of pages: 416

Time period: Early 1900s

Publisher: Revell

My overall opinion: What a great read! I loved the setting and time period (San Francisco in the Gilded Age – fascinating, right?). Cassidy, the heroine, was spunky and fun – a real delight to read about. And Jamie…well, nothing will describe him better than passionate, for that he certainly was. Which brings me to another point…as is usual for Julie’s books, there’s quite a bit of passion. Never anything explicit, but still a lot of physical elements, more than is often found in Christian fiction. However, that being said this is still a clearly Christian book. The story flew by, and was great to read…I was sorry when it was over! And then, as you’re nearing the end and thinking everything’s going to be fine...it’s not! Oh my. This one was very good, and I’m definitely looking forward to the next book! Overall? Recommended, but for 16+ because of the passionate stuff.

No comments: