Monday, May 13, 2013

Trinity: Military War Dog


Author: Ronie Kendig

Genre: Adventure, suspense, war, life

Series: A Breed Apart

Number in series: 1st

My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9.5

Type: Fiction

Number of pages: 347

Time period: Present

Publisher and price: Barbour, $12.99

My overall opinion: So I actually started this book way back in February, and was initially a little disappointed. I’d seen SO many people that I love raving about it, and at first, to be completely honest, it was a good book, but I wasn’t loving it like I’d hoped to. I read about 60 pages, then had to put it down…and wasn’t able to pick it up again until now due to heaps of books for review.

But then. This month. One afternoon I finally had a little down-time from review books, so I picked it up again, jumped back in…and was swept away. Wow. The action was non-stop, whipping through scenes in a very readable way. This is a war story that has alarming suspense (just what suspense should be!) and sweet romance (oh so sweet), all set in the Middle East. This book is definitely heart-pounding, and sure to keep you reading! I know, I was able to put it down at first…and you know? It may have just been my mood that day. But if the beginning feels slow to you, don’t worry – it picks up and flies in no time. By the end, I liked it so much that there are two things to note. 1. I gave it a 9.5. And 2. I promptly wrote the publisher and begged for a copy of Talon to review. And you know what? They sent it to me! Now I just have to start it. :) I’m definitely looking forward to reading more by Ronie!

**I know this is a popular book for review, but I went and bought my copy. As usual, all opinions are my own and no one was making me write a positive review.**

7 comments:

Ronie Kendig said...

Thank you so much for reading/reviewing TRINITY! Glad you gave her another chance. :-D

Rissi said...

Yay! Glad you enjoyed it, Charity. Someday (whenever I have some down time from review copies!), I'll be definitely checking out Ronie's books. :)

Kara said...

This one has been sitting on my shelf for quite some time. I really need to make time for it. So glad you liked it! :)

Charity U said...

Ronie, I'm so excited to start "Talon"! Maybe even this weekend. :) Thanks for stopping by!

Rissi, I sure did! Yes, yet another series that I think I can safely recommend whole-heartedly. :)

Kara, you really do! I think you'll like it. :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

I haven't seen this one before! I'll have to keep an eye out for it. :)

Charity U said...

Mrs. Pedersen, a lot of my friends have enjoyed it, so I knew I had to read it! Hope you do too. :)

KayM said...

I am really looking forward to reading this book. I just got it and can't wait to get started reading it.