Thursday, November 14, 2013

Movie: The Dark Knight Rises



My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5 high

Genre: Superhero, adventure

Series or set: Batman series

Number in series: 3rd

Primary actors: Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Morgan Freeman

Length: Two and a half or so hours

Based on: The comic books, I think?

Time period: Present. Or maybe future. But basically present.

Rating: PG-13

Year it came out: 2012

My overall opinion: So. I’ve seen the first two Batman movies (Batman Begins and Dark Knight), the latter twice. I didn’t love them. Didn’t hate them. But yeah. Not a huge fan. However, I knew I needed to see this one and am so glad I did! I feel like I’ve seen a lot of not-so-positive reviews for this third Batman movie. I don’t agree with those reviews. This one was hands-down my favorite. Action scenes were amazing and gripping. Mystery was intense.

And then. There was Anne Hathaway. As a general rule, she’s not one of my favorite people. Not that she’s bad. But I haven’t been a big fan of any movie in which she starred. Until now. Let me just say…Cat Woman is amazing. Aka Anne Hathaway. She’s my new favorite superhero. If Cat Woman is a superhero. And here we take a short break…Captain America is my favorite superhero. Then Thor…and I think he ties with Iron Man. And THEN Batman. But if Cat Woman can count as a superhero, she pushes them all down a notch and takes first place. Now, back on topic. Cat Woman was amazing. She was a strong and fierce woman. And while I can’t fully emulate her way of doing things or her fashion, she was pretty awesome. And I think she deserves her own movie…does she have one yet?

So. Because Cat Woman was in this one, it was amazing. Batman…well, he was kinda old and not with it as much as in the earlier films. Understandable, perhaps. I don’t know. But this movie was good and I liked it a lot and it’s definitely one I want to watch again someday. Do take note: it’s got one scene in particular that’s worth skipping. Otherwise, it’s not too bad, but as always – research this one before you watch it.


5 comments:

Anne Greff said...

This was actually the first Batman movie that I saw, because I was roped into going to see it with my brother and the Hoovers at the theater when it came out. I really liked it. :D (And yeah, Cat Woman is AWESOME).

writingsofrosie said...

Hey, Charity! I got to see this one a couple months back. I too have seen Dark Knight and it wasn't my favorite either- but this one on the other hand... :D My only complaint is that Bruce wasted eight years off screen mourning a woman who wouldn't have chosen him in the end.

Glad you liked it! I've missed seeing your posts in my feed. ;D

Rissi said...

I still need to see both the "sequel" Batman movies; I think you've inspired me to watch them now, Charity. As for Cat Woman... I'm pretty sure she does have a movie, however it didn't star Anne Hathaway.

Glad you liked this one!:)

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

There's a Catwoman movie. Don't see it.

Jujube said...

While at the moment, my preferences tend to lean toward Marvel, this Batman series was 'tolerable' in the very least. The third film's my favourite of the three as well. Cat Woman was indubitably legit. I'm surprised you didn't mention Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character (no hard feelings, though, I don't even remember his name). If they had a fourth film, he'd probably be the new Batman or become Robin.

Still, nothing beats the Bane plot twist/revelation near the ending, in my opinion. I never saw it coming.