Friday, April 12, 2013

Bees in the Butterfly Garden



Author: Maureen Lang

Genre: Adventure

Series: Gilded Legacy

Number in series: 1st

My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5

Type: Fiction

Number of pages: Kindle

Time period: Could be 1800s or early 1900s (pre WWI)

My overall opinion: I’ll have to admit, first off, that this one had been on my to-read list for quite some time, ever since it came out, actually. But I hadn’t made any priority out of it…always thought it looked like a good read, but between the cover and title, I surmised that it was probably just a rather light and fluffy ultra-girly story, without anything in the way of real adventure between its covers. And then…I found it for free for my Kindle app. And boy was I ever wrong about the story! It was fast-moving, complex, had some drama, and was absolutely packed with all manner of adventures – it even included a dash of mystery to round it all out! All around, it was a good book that quite impressed me; I certainly look forward to reading the next book in the series. The title is actually quite accurate, as I figured out when it was worked smoothly into the story. :) I certainly recommend this book!

5 comments:

The Reader said...

I recently got this book free on Christianbooks.com and I have been constantly putting it off with excuses of too many other books and English books to read. You make it sound so good that it might have just moved up on my reading list!!!

Charity U said...

Reader -- Yay! I put it off for a while myself...but found that it certainly deserved a sooner read! I'm just starting the next book now -- hopefully it will be as good. Do come back by and let me know what you think! :)

Jenn Noelle said...

cool cool! yay for book suggestions. :) also your header just makes me so happy. :)

Bluerose said...

I'm glad you liked this one. I got it through the Tyndale Rewards program a few months ago, but haven't read it yet. I'll have to move it closer to the top of my pile! :)

Jasmine A. said...

I have been wanting to try Maureen's books, guess I should try my library and see if they can find them in a partner library. From your review this book really does sound good, the cover is a little off-putting because, as you said, it looks like a girly-girl story.