Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Courting Miss Amsel


Author: Kim Vogel Sawyer

Genre: Life, romance

Series: Heart of the Prairie

Number in series: 6th (however, I didn’t realize it was part of a series until I looked it up on Goodreads – so basically, you can read these in any order you like and it won’t make much of a difference)

My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9 high

Type: Fiction

Number of pages: 346

Time period: 1800s

Publisher and price: Bethany House, $19.99 (hardcover – but it’s currently available on PaperBackSwap!)

My overall opinion: So before this one, I had only read one other book by Kim and that was a long time ago. However, I had really enjoyed it…and now, I’m not sure why I haven’t read more since, because I’ll definitely be reading a lot more by this author in the future! I really enjoyed this book. I loved the Midwest setting and had no trouble picturing it. Joel, the main guy, is a sweetheart and I liked him. Edythe Amsel (ooo-la-la, that name I love!) was a great leading lady. And Johnny and Robert, two young boys who were supporting characters central to the story, were extremely lovable. The whole book had an easy pace and great writing. Kim masterfully presents this sweet story, and I’m so glad I read it! Definitely excited to read more by her in the near future.

1 comment:

Amy C said...

Charity! You have to read more by Kim. She's an awesome writer. I have read everything she's written and haven't been disappointed yet. My favorite is My Heart Remembers. Echoes of Mercy releases later this month and it's another great one too!