Friday, July 27, 2012

Cover Focus: The Inheritance


The Inheritance by Tamera Alexander

 

Book blurb from goodreads.com : McKenna Ashford moves west with her rebellious younger brother Robert. U.S. Marshall Wyatt Caradon's well-meant attempt to help Robert brings him face-to-face with the one situation he never wanted to encounter--and the one woman who holds the key to helping him find his future.”
Why I like this cover: I guess I’d better tell you up front that this isn’t one of my favorite covers. But the more I look at it, the more I like it! McKenna looks quite like a Western girl, with the dark tan she has, and her rather messy dark hair. I think the dress looks about right (though maybe a little elaborate) for being out in the middle of nowhere. But the thing about this cover that interests me (other than her smile) is the man behind her! I assume he’s probably Wyatt. He really looks Western, with that hat, and the way he’s standing, and his clothes, and of course, the gun. Finally, the landscape is beautiful! The brown grass, green trees, towering gray mountains, and then the dusty blue sky over all…and the cabin. It’s all pretty much just right! I can’t wait to read this book.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I have this book on my kindle but haven't read it! I'll have to sometime :)