Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Passion Denied


Author: Julie Lessman

Genre: Romance, life, family

Series: Daughters of Boston

Number in series: 3rd

My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5 high

Type: Fiction

Time period: 1920s

My overall opinion: A sweet story! I really love the leading lady, Elizabeth – she’s just a sweetheart through and through. And Brady! He is an upstanding young man, and his great qualities shine through on every page. Julie did an amazing job with that. He’s a hero to fall in love with. There was enough mystery in here to keep me puzzled (which is more of a challenge than you might think). But the conclusion was most decidedly satisfying and made me happy. As I’ve mentioned in former reviews of other books by Julie, her books are more passionate than most – though this was not her most passionate book. All in all? This is a lovely book, sure to please!

No comments: