Saturday, March 8, 2014

TV Show: Downton Abbey Season 3


My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5

Genre: Period drama, life, family

Series or set: Downton Abbey

Number in series: 3rd

Primary actors: Hugh Bonneville, Elizabeth McGovern, Laura Carmichael, Michelle Dockery, Maggie Smith, Dan Stevens

Length: Nine episodes, with the last one being the two hour Christmas special

Based on: Possibly a real family?

Time period: 1920s

Rating: TV-14, I think

Year it came out: 2012

My overall opinion: I enjoyed this! I ended up watching it all really quick – checked it out on an impulse from the library on Friday afternoon, and watched it all before returning it on Sunday morning. So yeah…I flew. But yes, it was good and I greatly enjoyed getting to know everyone even better. Their highs were lovely, their lows were sad, and I can say no more without spoilers, so I’ll stop. All in all? Good series and I’m excited for Season 4!

2 comments:

Rissi said...

I'm pretty sure I loved this season (minus, of course the sad bits) but overall... I think S4 is ranking as being one of my very favorites. Sure it had "lows" like all of the prior seasons have but there was something mesmerizing about it and despite what the majority of viewers thought, I feel like the characters grief, moods and growth were realistic for the tragedy they'd endured.

Charity U said...

Excited to watch Season 4 once it's on DVD! :) Glad you liked it so much.