Monday, December 13, 2010

Emma


Author: Jane Austen
Genre: Romance
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9.5

Type: Fiction
Time period: 1800's
Passage from book: Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich, with comfortable home and happy disposition, seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence; and had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world with very little to distress or vex her.
My overall opinion:

12-13-10 (original): Yes, another great book. I recommend you watch the 2009 movie before reading the book as it can be a bit confusing, especially if you're young. But having seen the movie several times, the book was almost a piece of cake. :) A really delightful fun read (and funny in places too!).

12-25-12 (update): I first wrote the above review over two years ago. Today, for probably the first time, I came back and read it again. Now it truly is fully a "piece of cake" for me to read! I very highly recommend this book, and certainly hilarious in parts! It's a classic you should all read. (Incidentally, the 1996 version of Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow is also good) If you haven't read it yet, make that a goal for this year!

No comments: