Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Importance of Being Earnest

Author: Oscar Wilde
Genre: Romance, comedy
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9.5
Type: fiction.

Time period: 1800's
Main characters: Algernon, Jack, Earnest, Cecily, Gwendolen, Lady Bracknell, Miss Prism, Chasuble
Exciting events: The name confusion, the relationships
Passage from book or back cover: Algernon: Please don't touch the cucumber sandwiches. They are ordered specially for Aunt Augusta [Takes one and eats it] Jack: Well, you have been eating them all the time. Algernon: That is quite a different matter. She is my aunt.
Cecily: I hope your hair curls naturally, does it? Algernon: Yes, darling, with a little help from others.
My overall opinion: This was a great book. I highly recommend it. I think it may be the funniest book I've EVER read. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Miss Dashwood said...

Ooh, I do love The Importance of Being Earnest. My sister and I enjoy reading it together with great drama and expression. The quote about the cucumber sandwiches is one of my favorites!