Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Movie: Pride and Prejudice



My rating on a 1-10 scale: 10!
Main characters: Jane, Elizabeth, Bingley, Darcy, Collins, Lydia, Wickham
Genre: Romance  
Primary actors: Jennifer Ehle, Colin Firth
Based on: Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
Time period: 1800's
Length: Almost (ahem) 5 hours.
Exciting events: Lydia's elopement
Quote(s): See the book Pride and Prejudice review.
Year it came out: 1995.
My overall opinion: I think this may be my favorite movie. It's definitely in my top five. Yes, it's long. Some of the dresses aren't very modest. But it follows the book almost exactly, and the actors are superb. A must-see for ANY girl. :)





My favorite scene. :)


I should really stop posting pictures...I could do this all day. One more!


Oh, one last thing: a link to a great Pride and Prejudice diagram/family-tree. Click here.

10 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

I love this version!

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

By the way, thanks for posting the link to my blog on your side bar. I posted a link back here on the side bar of my blog :-).

Melody said...

Ahaha. That was fun to read. ;-) The whole section where she goes to Derbyshire...from their ride to Pemberly to Lydia's elopment... is my favorite part of the movie. =D

Charity U said...

Melody: that is a fun part! My favorite scene is in that part. :)

Melody said...

Yes, I noticed that was your favorite scene...;-) That's why I mentioned it. Did you know that the song Georgiana was playing is by Beethoven? haha ;-) And the one Lizzy played is Mozart.

Charity U said...

Melody, no, I didn't know that! Interesting. :)

Jessy Jones said...

Are you sure, ANY girl? Even me? (I'm not a fan of Jane Austen, or romance anything in general.) But, if you really think so, maybe I'll watch it. =)

Charity U said...

Well, Jessie, I would certainly hope you'd enjoy it. :) Do give it a try, and if you don't like it, oh well. :)

Melody said...

Jessie,
I happened to see your comment about watching the 2005 P&P and liking it. You know, this one has a whole lot less silly mushy stuff in it (and, I may add, all the silly mushy stuff they made up for that movie; this one is waaay closer to the book).
And it's not just a romance either; there's a lot going on in the story, and it's funny ~ P&P is actually a 'romantic comedy'.
Some people don't like the lenght of this one, but I happen to - you get more of the story that way. :)

Anyways. I definitely suggest this movie, and although the story is very popular, not everybody likes it. I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised though, if you do give it a try.

Marissa said...

I need to see this movie! :) I'll put it on my movies to see list ;)

♥Samarah