Saturday, December 11, 2010

Movie: The Importance of Being Earnest



My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8
Main characters: Algernon, Jack, Gwendolen, Cecily, Miss Prism
Genre: Romance, comedy
Primary actors: Rupert Everett, Colin Firth, Frances O'Connor, Reese Witherspoon
Based on: The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
Time period: 1800's
Exciting events: The name changes, the humor in general!
Quote(s): See the post on the book.
Year it came out: 2002
My overall opinion: A good movie! Follows the book very closely, using many quotes from it. I enjoyed it! On a side note...I like Colin Firth better as the 1995 Mr. Darcy than as this weird guy.

2 comments:

Miss Dashwood said...

I may have to check this movie out--I do love the play! Are they faithful to Oscar Wilde's original story? Are there any objectionable scenes? The costumes do look lovely.

Miss Dashwood said...

Oh--after looking again, I noticed that you did say they followed the book closely. Sorry!