Monday, December 13, 2010

The Scarlet Pimpernel




Author: Baroness Emmuska Orczy
Genre: Romance, adventure
Series: Hmmm...it has several sequels.
Number in series: First.
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9.5
Type: Fiction.
Time period: 1700's
Main characters: The Scarlet Pimpernel, Marguerite, Percy
Exciting events: Chases, rescues, discoveries...exciting!
Passage from book or back cover: We seek him here, we seek him there, Those Frenchies seek him everywhere. Is he in heaven? -- Is he in hell? That demmed; elusive Pimpernel?
My overall opinion:

12-13-10 (original): Another terrific book. And for the record, there's a great movie that goes with it. Like I said, it has several sequels too.

12-25-12 (update): Having just read my original review again, I think it's abundantly unclear what I meant to say is as follows: 1. It's a great book. 2. It has several great sequels. 3. There's a good movie version (1982). That's all. This book has remained a favorite, and I recommend both it and the movie! You'll enjoy, I have no doubt.

No comments: