Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cover Focus: Love Finds You in Annapolis, Maryland




 
Book blurb from goodreads.com : “In 1784 peace has been declared, but war still rages in the heart of Lark Benton. Never did Lark think she’d want to escape Emerson Fielding, the man she’s loved all her life, but then he betrays her with her cousin. She flees to Annapolis, Maryland, the country’s capital, and throws herself into a new circle of friends who force her to examine all she believes. Emerson follows, determined to reclaim his bride. Surprised when she refuses to return with him, he realizes that in this new country he has come to call his own, duty is no longer enough. He must learn to open his heart and soul to something greater… before he loses all he should have been fighting to hold.”

Why I like this cover: This is one of those that has intrigued me since I first saw it. Just look at the dress, for example. Obviously the material is an expensive one, and it looks heavy to me. See the lace on her sleeve? And then that dark hair…*sigh* Very pretty. The way she’s sitting is a bit unnatural, but it’s very poetic, so to speak. J And that building in the background…I don’t know if it’s her home or what, but it’s pretty amazing! Then the sky…a unique one, to be sure. Very pink and purple, and perfect for this cover. I must admit that this is another beautiful cover.
I read Jewel of Persia by Roseanna M. White, and greatly enjoyed it. My review, and an interview with her, can be found by clicking her name in the tags section below.

Love Finds You in Annapolis, Maryland by Roseanna M. White

2 comments:

Roseanna White said...

Thanks, Charity! I was soooooo thrilled with this cover too. =) And FYI, the building is the Maryland State House, where a few key scenes in the book take place, including George Washington's resignation from the army and the ratification of the Treaty of Paris. I was so excited to see they'd worked it into the cover!

Rissi said...

This is a stunning cover - it makes me want to read the novel without knowing anything else about it. =)