Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bad Girls of the Bible


Author: Liz Curits Higgs
Genre: Devotional
Series: There are more Bad Girls of the Bible books, and this was the first one.
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9.5
Type: Ummm...it's got some fiction, some non-fiction
Number of pages: 441 (but it's large print)
Main characters: Jezebel, Sapphira, other bad Bible women
My overall opinion: It was an absolutely amazing book and I really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it to all young women! What Liz did was first, tell a modern re-telling of the Biblical women's story. Set in modern times, slightly more modernized actions and surroundings, but often with similar names. It was quite easy to recognize which story it was. Then Liz would go through the Bible passage concerning the woman verse by verse, explaining each in an entertaining manner. I really want y'all to read it, then tell me what you thought!

1 comment:

Miss Laurie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you reviewed this book! I've been wanting to read it but haven't yet. When I recently heard Liz Curtis Higgs speak on the radio I wanted to read it even more!

~Miss Laurie