Thursday, June 2, 2011

Spotlight: Aragorn



The actor was Viggo Mortenson.




Other names included the Dunaden, Strider, and Longshanks.


During the filming of The Fellowship of the Ring, Aragorn chipped a tooth!



He also insisted on using a real steel sword.


When he was filmed fighting Ring Wraiths, it was his first scene, and his first time to use a sword.


During Two Towers, Aragorn broke a couple of toes by kicking a metal orc helmet. It was supposed to be plastic or some like material. That take was included in the movie. Aragorn continued in his part, despite the pain.


Aragorn estimated after filming was finished that he "killed" each stuntmen at least 50 times.


9 comments:

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

This post was so lovely! All the photos are amazing and I loved the little tidbits about Aragorn and Viggo while filming!
I love the story of Aragorn and Arwen, it's such a beautiful tale!

~Miss Laurie

Charity U said...

Miss Laurie,

This post was really fun to write! I'll give you a sneak peek...an Arwen one is coming probably this week! It was at least as fun. I found a lot of Aragorn and Arwen pix for it...SO FUN. :)

Jujube said...

This is a fun post on Aragorn! I enjoyed reading about the things that happened to him while filming LOTR. You're going to make a post on Arwen? I'm excited for that!

Anne Greff said...

Aragorn is the best. TOTALLY my favorite in the whole series... <3 <3 <3

Anonymous said...

Aragon is Awesome!!!
Great post Charity U.
~Liz

Annie (larkin) said...

Eeep! Aragorn! Okay, Charity, you know that you don't want to get me started on him. *Swoons* Other than being my favorite LotR book and movie character, Aragorn (or Strider, as I sometimes call him) is just plain AWESOME!

~Larkin

Charity U said...

Larkin, I'm SO agreed with you! He is AMAZING. :) AWESOME. And rather handsome too. ;) Okay, okay, more than rather. REALLY handsome.

Marissa said...

Aragorn is THE dude. Love him. enough said.

Charity U said...

Samarah, I agree with you totally! He is. My favorite character in LotR. And possibly any movie, though a few others come close. But he is...out of this world. :)