Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Fifteen Minutes


Author: Karen Kingsbury

Genre: Life, family (and really…priorities. And fame.)

My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5 high

Type: Fiction

Number of pages: 353

Time period: Present

Publisher and price: Simon & Schuster, $22.99 (hardcover)

My overall opinion: Reading a book by Karen Kingsbury after several months without reading any felt, well, familiar. Rather like coming home. Which sounds horribly stereotypical, but I don’t know another way to describe it. I love her writing style and her characters so much, and they touch my heart like no other author yet has. This book is almost a cautionary book, warning about the pitfalls and hardships of being famous. I really like how Karen has this huge TV show in her book that’s super popular here in America (like The Voice or American Idol currently is) and she makes it totally believable, and also manages to work in a few cultural references to other TV shows or famous people. This book was easy to get into and read, and hard to put down! I’m definitely recommending it to everyone.

No comments: