Sunday, December 29, 2013

On Distant Shores


Author: Sarah Sundin

Genre: Romance, war, life, adventure

Series: Wings of the Nightingale

Number in series: 2nd

My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5

Type: Historical fiction

Number of pages: 424

Time period: World War II, 1940s

Publisher and price: Revell, $14.99

My overall opinion: One of the best things about this book for me? The fact that I closed it reflecting that the heroine, Georgie, and I would’ve been good friends in real life. She appealed to me a lot as a character, and while I don’t have the same struggles she has, I understood her well and yeah – we would’ve been friends. She’s lovely! John/Hutch wasn’t bad, though I didn’t find myself falling in love with him. There are a lot of details packed into this book, and they all added to the historical/realistic feel overall. There was enough action to keep the story, but not let it get rushed. Another highlight? Seeing Tom and Mellie, from “With Every Letter”! Good book, and I’m glad I bought it.

2 comments:

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Awesome! I'm putting this on my to-read list :-)

Sophie Grace said...

I must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Reading nice blogs as yours on instagram at instagram viewer