Monday, December 30, 2013

Movie: Sound of Music: the Musical


My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5

Genre: Life, classic

Series or set: Musical

Primary actors: Carrie Underwood, Stephen Moyer

Length: Approximately three hours

Based on: The classic movie with Julie Andrews – but I think this is the Broadway version?

Time period: 1930s

Rating: TV-PG

Year it came out: 2013

My overall opinion: I did quite enjoy this movie! I went in not being quite sure what I should be expecting, but it was a good way to spend my three hours! I watched the TV musical, but it’s coming to DVD at some point. Carrie Underwood was a lovely (though young) Maria, and her singing voice! Oh I loved it. She did a good job with the songs, though I think that no one can ever beat Julie Andrews. The head nun was a black woman, which is entirely inaccurate for the time in history, and for the movie in general – it threw me off. However, she could sing and very well! The kids were all cute and lovable and could sing. All in all? I did enjoy seeing this, and I am not opposed to watching it again someday, even though I didn’t love it.

3 comments:

Rissi said...

Really enjoyed this Broadway-esque production. It was SO entertaining and most of all, it was wonderful to experience a family-friendly experience of a timeless story. The kids were wonderful, Carrie's singing gorgeous and I now own both the soundtrack and DVD. Both are worth a spot on the favorites shelf. :)

Black Min said...

Hi everybody!
Today I will share the top sound in 2018. You will listen to music, experience hot tunes, beautiful melodies. You can refer to and see instructions for downloading ringtones for your mobile phone. Quality ringtones. Ringtones are attractive.

Top 5 ringtones installed most in 2018, You can refer to:

Jab Bhi Teri Yaad Aayegi ringtone - bestringtonesfree
Kaala BGM ringtone - bestringtonesfree
Kyun Na Mere ringtone - bestringtonefree
Limited Edition ringtone - bestringtonesfree
Rooh ringtone - bestringtonesfree

All ringtones are free to download. To find out more about the latest ringtones, you can go to my homepage: https://bestringtonesfree.net/

Hope my ringtone will bring a new look to the ringtone world. Thank you!

Sophie Grace said...

The information provided here is excellent. Thanks for sharing such a nice post with us. If you are Looking for webstagram visit our site