Friday, December 23, 2011

Cover Focus: Maggie’s Journey

Maggie’s Journey by Lena Nelson Dooley



Book blurb from goodreads.com : “On her eighteenth birthday, Margaret Lenora Caine finds a chest hidden in the attic containing proof that she’s adopted. The spoiled daughter of wealthy merchants in Seattle, she feels betrayed by her real parents and by the ones who raised her. But mystery surrounds her new discovery, and when Maggie uncovers another family secret, she loses all sense of identity. Leaving her home in Seattle, Washington, Maggie strikes out to find her destiny. Will Charles Stanton, who’s been in love with her for years, be able to help her discover who she really is?”

Why I like this cover: I first saw this cover on Lena’s blog, and fell in love with it right away. Which is exactly what should happen with all Cover Focus covers, don’t you think? Let’s start with the girl. Or should I say woman? You know who I mean. That dress is amazing. The gold color, the orange trim, both make it pleasing to the eye. J I think it might even have a bustle! And then the specks of green farther up. Also very pretty. Those big pearls around her neck…oh how elegant! And the little brown hat on the top of her head. Very pert. J She has outstanding eyes…I don’t know if they’re green or blue. And then that hair…you know, I think it actually is the color of honey! Then too, I love the way the title is written. Putting it on a train ticket is just brilliant! It even has the year: 1885. And of course, the train in the background is really cool.

FYI: the book is as good as the cover, and that’s saying a lot. J
PS: No interview or giveaway today. Sorry!

2 comments:

misskallie2000 said...

I have this book on my wish list and can't wait to read. Thanks for the review. Love the cover.

misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...


I too, think she was wealthy by those fancy clothes. I really want to have this book some day. Thanks for he review. Maxie Anderson