I was tagged by Melanie, from Christian Bookshelf Reviews! Thank you, Melanie. J
All you have to do for this tag is tell eleven random things about yourself, and then answer the eleven questions you were asked by whoever tagged you, and finally ask eleven questions for the people you tag to answer! Got it?
Now, I’m not going to do the eleven random things about me part…awful, I know. But let me explain myself by telling you that on April 1, as I begin a special 30 Day Challenge, you’ll get a list of 15 random things about me! So that’s why I’m not doing it here.
Next, the 11 questions I was tagged to answer. They’re pretty fun!
1. Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Night owl, mostly. I love staying up late, hate getting up early.
2. If you were going to go on vacation and could only travel via airplane or ship, which would you choose? That’s hard. I suppose it would depend where I was going… Airplane would be fun because I haven’t been on one for many years, but then, I’ve never been on a ship, so that would be amazing!
3. Name your favorite holiday. Christmas. I love the foods, the gifts, the family time, the colors…and most importantly, the real reason for the season, Jesus!
4. Do you watch any reality shows? If so, which ones? Nope. Well, occasionally, on Netflix. But always cooking shows then. J
5. What is your favorite genre to read, and what is the last book you read in that genre? Historical fiction. At the moment, I’m almost ready to start Chasing Mona Lisa by Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey. I can’t wait!
6. Which do you prefer, a thunderstorm or a snowstorm? I love thunderstorms, as long as I’m inside, have a flashlight, and have a book stack. J
7. If you could travel to any country, which would it be? Probably New Zealand. They filmed Narnia there, and it’s SO pretty! Or maybe England…or Germany…or France…or Spain…just about anywhere in Europe.
8. What are the five songs you listen to most? Oh dear. Ummm… Can’t Help Falling in Love by Michael Buble, Backwoods Boy by Josh Turner, You Raise Me Up by Celtic Woman, the soundtrack for Emma 2009, and I Dreamed a Dream by Susan Boyle. Yes, I cheated by listing a whole soundtrack. ;)
9. Do you have any phobias? Not really. I don’t think so…maybe a phobia of sick people. Hmmm.
10. Who are your top three favorite authors? Only THREE? How anyone can get all their favorite authors into three is beyond me. I’ll go with classic, that’s a little easier…Jane Austen (shocked?), C. S. Lewis, and J. R. R. Tolkien. And L. M. M. Montgomery.
11. If you were stuck on an abandoned island for a year, and could take five fiction books with you, what would they be? Tough. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (I think it’s inexhaustible…?), Lord of the Rings by Tolkien (I’d have to find a copy with all the books in one…)… oh dear, this is frightfully hard. A collection of Agatha Christie’s (several books in one…do hope that’s not cheating), Atlas of Middle Earth by Karen Wynn Fonstad (also inexhaustible) and The Complete Guide to Middle-Earth by Robert Foster – those last two to assist me in reading LotR. ;)
There! That’s done. Now eleven questions for the people I’ll tag…
1. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
2. What’s your favorite book by Jane Austen?
3. What’s your favorite period drama?
4. What’s your favorite book by a more modern author?
5. What’s your favorite kind of chip?
6. What’s your favorite fast food restaurant?
7. What’s your favorite classic book not by Jane Austen?
8. What’s your favorite Jane Austen film adaption?
9. What’s your favorite movie soundtrack?
10. What’s your favorite place to read?
11. What’s your favorite thing to blog about?
There you go, world! I didn’t mean to make them all favorites, but…well, not at the beginning.
Now to tag some people. I’m going to tag nine people – feel free to tag as many or as few as you like. J
1. Miss Elizabeth (Elegance of Fashion)
2. Miss Laurie (Old-Fashioned Charm)
3. Miss Dashwood (Yet Another Period Drama Blog)
4. Melody (Regency Delight – Jane Austen, Etc)
5. Alyianna (Alyianna’s Reviews)
6. Katy (Legacy of a Writer)
7. Crystal (Just Another Book Lovin’ Girl)
8. Larkin (Libri)
9. Anyone else who thought this tag and all would be fun to do themselves!
Have fun! I’ll look forward to seeing you answer these. J