Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Complete Guide to Middle-Earth – Tolkien’s World from A-Z



Author: Robert Foster
Genre: Ummm…yeah…it’s like a dictionary. I kid you not.
Series: Ties in completely with Lord of the Rings.
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9
Type: Fiction, well, no, non-fiction, sort of…oh dear. I really don’t know. I mean, all of LOTR is fiction, but this is a non-fiction guide to the fictional books…am I making ANY sense?
Number of pages: 555
My overall opinion: It truly is set up as a dictionary! You can look up any word from LOTR, Hobbit, or Silmarillion, and it’s almost certain to be in here! I haven’t found any yet that aren’t, so. Names, locations, battles, objects, all categorized alphabetically. Page numbers for each item are also included, but even though my books are DelRey, same as this guide, the numbers don’t work – my books came out rather later, so. I have found it to be quite helpful, thought I still love the Atlas more – it would take an unbelievable amount to beat that. J If you can get a copy, and you love LOTR, I recommend it.

No comments: