Thursday, June 21, 2012

Unlocked



Author: Karen Kingsbury
Genre: Life
Series: It ties in with the “Above the Line” series. In that series, the characters are making a movie based on the book Unlocked, and much of that series centers on their struggles as they make it.
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 323
Time period: Present
My overall opinion: Wow. This was quite the book! It’s about an autistic boy. I learned a ton from this! I admit, that prior to reading this book, I really didn’t know much at all about autism – now I feel much more like I understand it at least a little more. It was moving and sweet. As I mentioned above, in the previous series, this story was being made into a movie. So I feel like I’ve read a behind-the-scenes book about the making of this movie, except…it isn’t actually a movie, since that behind-the-scenes was fiction too. I really want to see the movie now, though! Oh well. Maybe someday they will make it. J Anyway, awesome book, do read it!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

A friend of mine gave me this book. I look forward to reading it when I finish school. :)