Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Movie: Persuasion



My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9
Genre: Romance, classic, life
Primary actors: Amanda Root, Ciaran Hinds
Length: About one hour and 40 minutes
Based on: Persuasion by Jane Austen
Time period: 1800’s
Year it came out: 1995
My overall opinion: This version of Persuasion is the only one I’ve seen, but I must admit that I’m quite happy with it. A few quick thoughts about the characters are below, and I’ll do a comparison after I see the 2007 (?) version. Anne is sweet and just like Anne should be, Captain Wentworth is rather nice as well, and I especially think that Mary was well-casted. The music isn’t something that stands out at all in this movie, but it does in the scenes at Lyme, where it is very pretty! If you like period dramas, watch this one. :)




No comments: