Friday, June 29, 2012

Cover Focus: Making Waves


Making Waves by Lorna Seilstad



Book blurb from Google books : Sun, summer, and a scrumptious sailing instructor. What more could a girl want?
When spunky Marguerite Westing discovers that her family will spend the summer of 1895 at Lake Manawa, Iowa, she couldn't be more thrilled. It's the perfect way to escape her agonizingly boring suitor, Roger Gordon. It's also where she stumbles upon two new loves: sailing, and sailing instructor Trip Andrews.
But this summer of fun turns to turmoil as her father's secrets threaten to ruin the family forever. Will free-spirited Marguerite marry Roger to save her father's name and fortune? Or will she follow her heart--even if it means hurting the family she loves?
Full of sharp wit and blossoming romance, "Making Waves" will whisk you away to a breezy lakeside summer holiday. “
Why I like this cover: I know you’ll agree when I say that it’s rather eye-catching. Marguerite’s expression alone is enough to make you look! She looks slightly frazzled. With her hair a mess, her hat ribbons hanging all over the place (maybe they’re supposed to though…), and that parasol held just so…yup, definitely frazzled. But at least her white frilly dress is still all white, and the background is so peaceful! Pretty white sail boats on the azure water. :) La, I wax poetic! I’d better shut this one down…but isn’t it an interesting cover?
Incidentally, this was a book I enjoyed, but didn’t love. See my review above.

1 comment:

Melody said...

What I wouldn't do to have that dress... *sigh*