Sunday, January 6, 2013

Need to Read #6: Key on the Quilt


Title: Key on the Quilt
Author: Stephanie Grace Whitson
Book blurb: Enter a historic Nebraskan prison where three women find betrayal, love, and ultimate truth. Jane Prescott is serving a ten-year sentence for murder. Can a broken spirit be healed behind bars? Matron Mamie Dawson feels called to help the wounded women in her charge. Will a guard's attentions keep her from her mission? Warden's wife Ellen Sullivan has changed her preconceptions about these female prisoners. Will it be enough to save her from a life-or-death situation? Will the cryptic quilt connecting their lives expose the truth of one woman's past and ensure a better future for them all?
Quick endorsement: Stephanie has been publishing amazing books for several years, and this is the first in her newest series, The Quilt Chronicles. It was a riveting book and one I look forward to re-reading in the years to come.

2 comments:

Wendy Newcomb said...

I agree, this is a need to read book, but wait until you read The Shadow on the Quilt, fantastic!

Wendy

Charity U said...

Wendy, I actually have read Shadow...you can find my review under the Stephanie Grace Whitson tag at the bottom of this post. But honestly? I liked this book better. I really enjoyed the story and love the cover! But I did enjoy Shadow, and can't wait for message. :)