Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lando


Author: Louis L'Amour
Genre: Western
Series: Well, it's not exactly in a series. Unless....I'll say it's in The Sacketts series.
Number in series: 5th
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 156
Time period: 1800's
Main characters: Lando, the Tinker, Caffrey, Marsha
Exciting events: Gun fights, fist fights, all the "normal" Louis things
Passage from book: His lips curled from his teeth and the whip drew back for a mighty blow at my face. Those wire-twisted whipends would tear at my eyes. His own hatred had mastered him -- I saw it in his face...
My overall opinion: Louis L'Amour writes the most amazing western fiction. And there's usually a VERY light romance in each book too. ;) But his writing style is fantastic, though there are fairly frequent editing errors. Still a worth-while read!

No comments: