Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Shadow of His Wings


Author: Gilbert Morris
Genre: Romance, life, war
Series: The Appomattox Saga
Number in series: 6th
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 270
Time period: 1800's, Civil War
Main characters: Lowell, Rooney, Josh, Rena
Exciting events: War!
Passage from book: Rooney stood in the fragile wicker basket, watching as the bag began to swell. Soon it was a small mound, and then it swung upright. She stared upward at the swaying canopy and then heard Lowell call out, "Let go -- slowly, now!" The basket jerked, causing her to grab wildly at the rim, but then there was a smoothness and she knew she was seperated from earth!
My overall opinion: Wow, I'm really enjoying this series. This one was about a guy (and his helper) who built one of the first hot air balloons, planning to use it for spying. However, there's a tragic accident...and to learn more, you'll have to read the riveting book.
For some reason, I think I should say that I don't completely approve (for those of you who actually read it) of the way Clay and Melora behave together before marrying. I think they go a little too far, too passionate. Just sayin'. That makes no sense, probably. What I mean is, I don't know why I'm mentioning it. It's not dirty or anything, it's just not what I would have done.

No comments: