Monday, September 9, 2013

The Fortune Cookie Chronicles


Author: Jennifer 8. Lee
Genre: Documentary? A documentary book. Sort-of.
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5
Type: Non-fiction
Number of pages: 291
Passage from book: There are some forty thousand Chinese restaurants in the United States -- more than the number of McDonald's, Burger Kings, and KFCs combined.
My overall opinion: Amazing. I didn't know that until now. This was a great book and I recommend it to everyone! It's about a woman who is bent on learning about where classic American Chinese (like General Tso's chicken and fortune cookies) originated. She also takes a big trip (into many countries and continents) to discover the world's greatest Chinese restaurant...most interesting. All in all: I recommend you read it!

No comments: