Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Movie: Avengers


My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9 (high)

Genre: Superhero, adventure

Series or set: Well, it fits right in with Captain America and Thor and Iron Man and probably Incredible Hulk…am I forgetting anyone? But I don’t think it’s REALLY a series.

Primary actors: Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Gwyneth Paltrow

Length: 2 ½ hours

Time period: Present

Year it came out: 2012

My overall opinion: This. Was a good movie. And I’m so glad I finally got to see it! It was lovely to see Captain America again, and Thor was certainly an entertaining character here as well. Iron Man was amazing, but I didn’t really like Incredible Hulk…something about him…oh well. This movie was packed with mystery and intrigue and dare-devil adventures and stunts and action-packed moments and all manner of exciting things. Enjoyed it plentily, and will most certainly watch it again, given opportunity!



5 comments:

Kara said...

Woo hoo, soooo glad you posted this movie, LOVED it! I thought it was brilliant how they put together all of these superheroes in one movie and they HAVE to work together to conquer evil, sweet :)

I do believe there will be a sequel because the fan base for these superheroes is huge and it's great family entertainment. I heard that Robert Downey Jr. has already agreed to part 2 so the hopefully the other actors are jumping on board as well.

I also loved Iron Man (he's sooo funny), but I think my fave character is Black Widow and I THINK there will be wonder woman in the sequel....HOPE SO!!

This is definitely a movie to own and one to watch more than once, this was the best movie of the summer 2012 :) Here's a link that says when the sequel will be released: 2015...http://screenrant.com/the-avengers-2-release-date/

Thanks for posting these movies, blessings Charity!

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Ahhhhhhh, The Avengers. I saw it 5 times in the theater, it was that amazing.

It IS a series, or rather a bringing together of other series, and then the various characters have gone their own ways to do their own movies again, and many will converge again for Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, as well as an Avengers 3. So far we know that Robert Downey Jr. has signed on to do both of those. It looks like the other 5 from this one will also be in #2, though not necessarily as much. But it will again be written and directed by Joss Whedon, so all will be awesome :-D

But Wonder Woman can't possibly be in the sequel -- she's a DC character, and the Avengers are Marvel. IF a Justice League movie ever gets made, she could be in that, however.

Kara said...

Thanks for the info, Hamlette! Wow, 5 times?! That's incredible, but the movie is filled with awesomeness :) I do hope they will add more superheroes in the sequel, but regardless I'm looking forward to watching it when it's released.

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

They've added Quicksilver, and there are rumors that they'll also have the Scarlet Witch and The Falcon, but AFAIK, no deals have been signed yet.

My only complaint? That we have to wait two more years before we get to see it!!!

Melanie said...

Great movie review! I plan on watching this movie someday...hopefully soon! :)