Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Movie: Legally Blonde

Before I even continue this…let’s stop. Just stop. I can see all those surprised faces. “She watched ‘Legally Blond’?” Yes. I did. I’m in college now and my roommate loves chick-flicks, so I’ll be watching quite a few probably. You are warned. And now that we have that out of the way, let’s begin.



My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5 high

Genre: Chick-flick

Series or set: There is a Legally Blond 2 but it’s not really a series. (edit: having now seen Legally Blonde 2 yes it is a series watch them in order. That's all.)

Primary actors: Reese Witherspoon

Length: Two hours

Time period: Present

Year it came out: 2001

My overall opinion: Let me just start by saying that if chick-flicks aren’t your thing, don’t watch this. Because it’s totally a chick-flick. Secondly, be warned – there are some inappropriate things, language, innuendo, etc. You can no-doubt find a full list on IMDB or another movie review type site. However, barring those things – this was a really fun movie that I greatly enjoyed! It had humor that was funny, interesting people, and while rather superfluous (ummm, hello – it’s a chick-click) it was a fairly good movie that I have no objection to seeing again. Also, Reese Witherspoon is super cute. And blond. And ditzy. And smart. And crazy. And wears a great deal of pink.


2 comments:

Kara said...

I don't care for pink and this movie does have innuendo that wasn't needed, but you gotta love Reese Witherspoon and her innocent perkiness in this one :) Love how she gets into Harvard Law School and the growth she has while there, glad you enjoyed it Charity! Also gotta love her dog :D

Rissi said...

Yep, love Reese Witherspoon, so this movie was one I almost "had" to like. ;)

Surprisingly, there are some lessons to be learned in this one and I think the sequel is equally fun albeit, as usual, there are some unfortunate politically correct issues.