Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Movie: She’s the Man


My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8 high

Genre: Chick flick 

Primary actors: Amanda Bynes, Channing Tatum, Laura Ramsey

Length: Two hours

Based on: Very loosely on Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night – if you read that, then watch this, there are some similarities in names and such.

Time period: Present

Year it came out: 2006

My overall opinion: So interesting and brilliant! There are a few times when inappropriate things are mentioned, but for the most part, I really enjoyed this fascinating and unique movie. Like I said, it’s loosely based on Twelfth Night. I watched 2/3 of this, read Twelfth Night for my English Lit class, then finally had time to finish this – and was happily surprised by the clear parallels. For a chick flick? Not bad at all. Good comedy, good story.





2 comments:

Kara said...

I have enjoyed most of Amanda's movies and this one was cute :) i just have to look away with the spider scenes....did NOT know about the parellels to twelth night, cool :) Another great movie with girls playing soccer is Bend it Like Beckham :)

Rissi said...

AGAIN - 100% agree. Great comedy and fabulous plot. Silly at times but the actors make it worth everything! :)