Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Movie: Man of Steel



My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9

Genre: Superhero, adventure

Series or set: Are there gonna be more superhero Superman movies, y’all?

Primary actors: Amy Adams, Russell Crowe, Henry Cavill

Length: Two hours and a bit

Based on: The old comics and movies, I suppose!

Time period: Fantasy, present

Year it came out: 2013

My overall opinion: So I got to see this movie in IMAX back in July, and while IMAX didn’t become my new favorite thing…okay, I didn’t really notice anything different. I don’t go to movies often enough to notice. But. This movie was pretty awesome. The scenes filmed in the other world were amazing, and so were the ones from here on Earth. The action scenes were pretty amazing and basically really awesome. The CG was stunning. This movie is a cinematographic work of art – ummm, does that sentence make any sense? You get the idea. :) It was good and I look forward to seeing it on DVD at some point!


4 comments:

Kara said...

So cool you got to see this in IMAX! Maybe the biggest difference was louder sound (?). This movie has THE most amazing cast and yes there is a sequel in the works for this one that will have Ben Affleck paying Batman with this actor :) An overall good movie, but slightly disappointing for me. It was much more intense/darker than I thought it would be, didn't have as much heart as I hoped it would, and the fighting sequence in the last ten minutes of the movie seemed pointless to me. Since it's such a long movie I highly recommend drinking very little soda while in theaters :) For a current superman movie, I much more preferred Superman Returns with Brandon Routh (wanted a sequel but it didn't happen).

Rissi said...

Yay! Glad you liked 'Man of Steel.' So many were disappointed in it. While, some of the climax, chaotic action scenes should be been cut, overall I loved the movie - and plan on eventually buying it! :)

Alexandra said...

GOSH, I love this movie!!! Superman has always been my favorite superhero, and Henry Cavill did an amazing job. :) Can't wait till it comes out on DVD.

Kirsten Fichter said...

I've seen and liked the other super hero movies that I've seen (namely the big three - Avengers, Thor, and Captain America), and I've been wondering if this one was any good. A lot of friends have said Man of Steel is good, so we'll have to check this one out! Thanks for the review!

By the way, I really love your header! Two of the best literary characters EVA! :D