Sunday, January 15, 2012

CD: Michael Buble Christmas



My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9
Singer: Michael Buble (obviously)
Type of music: Christmas, a lot of classic secular songs (about Santa Claus etc)
List of songs:

1.       It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

2.       Santa Claus is Coming to Town

3.       Jingle Bells (with the Puppini Sisters)

4.       White Christmas (with Shania Twain)

5.       All I Want for Christmas Is You

6.       Holly Jolly Christmas

7.       Santa Baby

8.       Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

9.       Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)

10.   Silent Night

11.   Blue Christmas

12.   Cold December Night

13.   I’ll Be Home for Christmas

14.   Ave Maria

15.   Mis Deseos/Feliz Navidad (with Thalia)
My overall opinion: *sigh* This was definitely one of my favorite Christmas CD’s this year. I should mention (before raving more) that some of the songs are a little bit rocky (as in, the rock type of music), so that may be a drawback. I think my favorites are #9 (which is the type that sticks in your head for hours) and #11 (in which the trumpeter has way too much fun). My siblings love #15 (which is also catchy). Ave Maria is beautiful. So is It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas. The introduction for Jingle Bells is very 80’s, according to my parents…rather strange. You’d understand if you’ve heard it. He changed the words for Santa Baby, or so say the people who know the original. Since I don’t, I don’t know.  Altogether, I love the CD. Definitely worth your money, as long as the rock stuff doesn’t bother you much…it’s not too bad. P.S. #5 is another one that’ll stick in your head. Now you can’t say I didn’t warn you. ;)

No comments: