Friday, September 7, 2012

Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow

Author: Jessica Day George
Genre: Fairy tale
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9
Type: Fiction
Number of pages: 317
Time period: Fantasy
My overall opinion: Oh, I did enjoy this book! It was a combination of “Beauty and the Beast” and “East of the Sun, West of the Moon” -- most delightful. The mystical fairy-tale element was perfect. I read it all in one day, in jus the late afternoon and evening; I liked it that much. Couldn’t put it down! Fun and interesting and clean. Good book. If you like fairy tale retellings, try this one! Can’t wait to read more by Jessica Day George!

3 comments:

Livia Rachelle said...

Jessica Day George is one of my fav retold fairy tale authors. I believe I have read all her published books (7 total I think). Be sure to read Princess of the Midnight Ball and its sequel, Princess of Glass-I am eagerly awaiting the third in that trilogy.
I enjoyed Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow up until she looked at her prince and the books spell on me broke. The end I felt fell rather flat. I did not like the rest, and I did not feel that her writing was near as good as in the beginning. The mystery and intrigue was gone as well. I think this was the least favorite of her books because of the last half.

Analiese said...

I read that recently, too! It's quite a fun read. It had some parts that surprised me - not your normal fairy tale. :D

The Mad Elvish Poet said...

I *LOVED* that book! But I like her Princess series even better, Princess of the Midnight Ball and Princess of Glass. Oh, you simply have to read them. Best. Retellings. Ever. Especially Princess of Glass - Cinderella isn't really the good guy here. It was AWESOME!
Another good retelling of this story is "East" I can't remember the name of the author, but it was really well written, and I actually liked it better.