Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Last Jew of Rotterdam

 
Author: Ernest Cassutto
Genre: Life, adventure
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9
Type: Non-fiction, biography
Number of pages: 171
Time period: World War II, 1940’s
My overall opinion: I will admit, I started this book expecting it to be good, yes, but really just another WWII story. While my expectations were fulfilled in that it wasn’t amazingly well written, it has a truly moving story inside. The story of a man with Jewish roots way back, who really didn’t consider himself Jewish. The story of how the Nazis went after him, tried to conscript him. The story of how he hid, moving from underground location to underground location -- 40 of them in just two years. It’s a great story. Sad, sweet, amazing. God is seen throughout. The story is more than worth the read. If you find WWII fascinating, or just want an awesome story of how God works, this is the book for you.

No comments: