Saturday, September 29, 2012

Son of Neptune



 
Author: Rick Riordan

Genre: Fantasy, adventure

Series: Heroes of Olympus

Number in series: 2nd
 
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5 (a high 8.5)

Type: Fiction

Number of pages: 321

Time period: Present 

My overall opinion: This book, like every other I’ve read by Rick Riordan, was fascinating and very well-written. As I’ve said before, he’s a brilliant author. I would give this book a 9 just for the writing. However, I still am not happy with the Greek/Roman-god-mythology. It doesn’t bother me a ton, I just hugely disagree with it, and can’t enjoy this as much as fantasy like Lord of the Rings or Narnia. I think that’s because (maybe…I’m conjecturing here) people really believe some of this. So. I think Riordan could use his skills better. However, I would recommend this!

No comments: