Monday, October 1, 2012

Movie: Captain America





My rating on a 1-10 scale: 9

Genre: Science fiction, superhero, adventure, World War II

Series or set: It’s part of the Marvel comics leading up to Avengers

Primary actors: Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving

Length: Two hours

Based on: The old Marvel comics

Time period: 1940’s, World War II

Year it came out: 2011

My overall opinion: I really really enjoyed this…more than I expected to. And more than Thor. Captain America was an awesome brave handsome patriotic hero, and what more could I possible want? The action was awesome (and not too gory like some movies can be). The graphics were impressive, and the story was riveting! Definitely my favorite superhero, right here. So yes, I highly recommend this awesome movie! It’s my newest favorite movie. Totally great! 

P.S. This movie is also packed with interesting Doubles…well, three that I spotted. More on that coming in a later post! 








5 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

I saw this on Netflix Instant Streaming and wondered whether or not I should watch it. I think I gave my brother a blu-ray copy for Christmas. I may just add it to my Netflix Instant Queue. Thanks for the review!

Unknown said...

I love this movie! I love Thor also, but I think Captain America is my favourite. The effects are awesome and the actor really hits the nail on the head! :P

I just watched The Avengers and I am ready to watch this again already. And all the Marvel comic super hero movies. :)

Hayden said...

I love this movie! :) I also love Thor...and the Avengers...quite a change of pace from my usual bonnet movie fare...but I love both genres :)

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

I liked this too! About as well as Thor, but not as well as the Iron Man movies. Odd, because Thor is my favorite Avenger. But I love the WWII era, so that gave this a big boost in my liking. And I loved how clean and kid-friendly it is.

Jujube said...

Who can't help but love this film! Captain America was spectacular. I liked him both when he was the "little guy" and the "big hero."