Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Movie: Persuasion



 
My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8.5

Genre: Classic, period drama

Primary actors: Sally Hawkins, Rupert Penry-Jones

Length: About two hours – therefore, slightly rushed

Based on: Persuasion by Jane Austen

Time period: 1800’s

Year it came out: 2007

My overall opinion: Unfortunately, I neglected to take notes as I watched! However, I do know that we all enjoyed it, and that I can recommend it! There were no objectionable scenes (as there are in several of the newer Austen adaptions) – something I really appreciate. There’ll be a little more information coming in my Doubles post…it’ll come someday. :) Also, check out the comparisons done by a few of my blogging friends here on Austenitis! 

















2 comments:

Miss Elizabeth Bennet said...

While Persuasion isn't my favorite Austen novel, I did enjoy this adaptation. Though the 1995 version was probably closer to the book than this version, I felt that Sally Hawkins was a better Anne Elliot than Amanda Root.

Analiese said...

Mmm...I like Persuasion. I think that Anne was supposed to look a little old-maidish, but I think they could have made her a little prettier. I really like Captin Wentworth in this version.