Tuesday, October 23, 2012

General Announcement and a Poll

Hey, everyone! Just a couple quick things...

1. I'm away for most of this week...will be home early next week. Therefore, I won't be replying to comments. Posts will be coming out regularly, never fear, but I won't actually be here. :) Don't worry, I will try to catch up on comments once I'm home, so keep leaving them!

2. New poll! Which Jane Austen hero would you most like to meet in person (and/or possibly marry)?
  • Mr. Darcy (P&P)
  • Edward Ferrars (S&S)
  • Colonel Brandon (S&S)
  • Captain Wentworth (Persuasion)
  • Mr. Knightley (Emma)
  • Henry Tilney (Northanger Abbey...which I need to read again)
  • Edmund Bertram (Mansfield Park)
This silly blogger is only allowing me to put four people per poll, so there are two polls. I've opened it up to multiple answers, but try not to choose more than two. Have fun!

I'll look forward to seeing the results once I'm home!

5 comments:

Jujube said...

What a fun, new poll! Mr. Henry Tilney forever! To both meet and marry. He's the most amazing Austen hero (and I know many will ardently protest to this). Oh yes, you definitely have to read Northanger Abbey again.

Melody said...

Nooo! I have to decide between Henry Tilney and Mr. Knightley??? I mean, Mr. Knightley wins hands-down as far as favorite hero between the two but as to actually meeting or marrying them... haha. I'm reading NA right now and I like Henry a lot. :D He would be quite fun to meet, whereas it might only be pleasant to meet Mr. Knightley. As far as marrying... well, Mr. Knightley's a bit too old... and Henry Tilney teases a bit too much. How shall I ever decide?

Melody said...

Oh, and you put Edmund Bertram in both polls... is on of them supposed to be Edward Ferrars?

Anonymous said...

Mr. Knightly of course!!!!!!!!!!!

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

So glad you didn't make me choose between Mr. Knightley and Mr. Darcy! That would be too hard :-)