Sunday, December 16, 2012

First Noel Comparisons

When I decided to do song comparisons, I knew I'd have to do this one this year...it's always been a favorite of mine, and "Noelle" is actually my middle name! And after hearing my favorite version...well, I couldn't leave it out. This song. Or that version. Here we go!
Susan Boyle -- 8.5 high
Strange timing, but not discordant. Overall: peaceful. And calming. Satiny. I like it!
Scotty McCreery -- 9.5
Anyone wanna guess what my favorite was? ;) This guy has Josh Turner's voice. Love it! Guitar and string instruments accompany him. It's a country Christmas! The words are clear...it's truly lovely.
Bob Dylan -- 7
I didn't know what to expect when I downloaded this...and I'm still recovering, a week later. His voice is very raspy, it sounds painful! The harmony is weird; the voice, annoying. I think his voice and the way he groans and rasps, would be appropriate for a drinking song. But not this one. If I was a wiseman, I'd be offended. :P
Josh Groban and Faith Hill -- 8.5
A huge relief to the ears after Bob Dylan! Their voices complement each other in a lovely manner, and it's so smooth! Josh sings the melody and Faith accompanies most of the time. Pleasant. And they do sing out! But very nicely, unlike SOME versions.
Favorite:
Scotty McCreery all the way. So beautiful! I loved it and am still loving it!
Your thoughts:
What's your favorite version? Did I get it on this list? :)

No comments: