Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cover Focus: Lady in the Mist

Lady in the Mist by Laurie Alice Eakes

 

Book blurb from goodreads.com : “By virtue of her profession as a midwife, Tabitha Eckles is the keeper of many secrets: the names of fathers of illegitimate children, the level of love and harmony within many a marriage, and now the identity of a man who may have caused his wife's death. Dominick Cherrett is a man with his own secret to keep: namely, what he, a British nobleman, is doing on American soil working as a bondsman in the home of Mayor Kendall, a Southern gentleman with his eye on a higher office.

By chance one morning before the dawn has broken, Tabitha and Dominick cross paths on a misty beachhead, leading them on a twisted path through kidnappings, death threats, public disgrace, and . . . love? Can Tabitha trust Dominick? What might he be hiding? And can either of them find true love in a world that seems set against them?

With stirring writing that puts readers directly into the story, Lady in the Mist expertly explores themes of identity, misperception, and love's discovery.”

Why I like this cover: I don’t think that I think this cover uncommonly pretty…but it’s unique. The goldish green colors in the background are interesting. And the cottage. There’s even a little path leading up to it! I believe that her loose hair isn’t necessarily correct for the time period, but it sure is nice. I love her blue cloak…wish I had one! That color of royal blue is amazing. And the little clasp that’s holding it together! It looks like she’s just wearing a simple white dress underneath. I think she’s carrying something in her hands…maybe a basket? I do like this cover. Again, this is a book I haven’t read yet, but I’ve read good reviews and recommend it!

No comments: