Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Movie: The Sting



My rating on a 1-10 scale: 8
Genre: Adventure
Primary actors: Paul Newman, Robert Redford
Length: Just over two hours
Time period: 1930’s
Year it came out: 1973
My overall opinion: Oh wow. What WAS my overall opinion? I guess I’ll start with stuff to avoid…there is some semi-extreme immodesty, and swear words are interspersed throughout. So please keep this in mind before saying that I wholly recommend it!!!! The storyline is confusing. Sort of. Thankfully, I had two parents who made it their full-time job for the evening to explain it as we watched, with the naturally desired result that I “got it” in the end. However, be warned, unless your parents do the same, you probably won’t be all clear until you’ve seen it a few times. It’s set in Depression era America, and includes gangsters. Just about everyone in the movie is a gangster. Some of it is laugh-out-loud funny. The whole shebang is that there are good gangsters and bad gangsters. They’re all moderately bad, but some are worse. Yeah, a little confusing. But hey, I still found it a fun movie! You definitely won’t expect the ending.


3 comments:

Abby said...

I watched this a while back with one of my friends - when she suggested it I was a little dubious since I wasn't sure if I would like it, but like you say it's a really fun film! Some things to skip over though, and the language means it isn't really suitable for younger children - but other than that, a really great film :) The twist was superb! I didn't expect it at all.

~Abby

Charity U said...

Abby, glad you enjoyed it too! It's not as famous as it maybe should be. :)

Anonymous said...

The best movie of all time