Friday, August 24, 2012

Cover Focus: Deep in the Heart of Trouble

Deep in the Heart of Trouble by Deanne Gist

 

Book blurb from goodreads.com : “Texas bloomer girl Essie Spreckelmeyer (Courting Trouble) is still just trying to maintain her balance. The president of the local velocipede club has had her fair share of pratfalls, but her present situation is unusually perilous. Running her father's oil company in this male-dominated boomtown was difficult enough before arrival of handsome, headstrong Tony Morgan.”

Why I like this cover: If you didn’t smile when you saw it, that’s a bad sign. It’s such a funny picture! Probably one of the first things you noticed was that she’s wearing a wedding dress. And riding a bike at the same time. If you ask me, I’d say she’s escaping something! But her smile is so cute…she can’t be in too much trouble. Just look at all the designs on the dress! And the veil flying out behind her – all so elegantly embroidered. The old bicycle, or should I say velocipede? I love it. Altogether, I must admit that this is one of the neatest covers I’ve ever seen! Can’t wait to read this someday.
(And yes, I say that last line about almost every book…but I really can’t wait!)

No comments: